Planning Commission regular meeting schedule.
Grant Committee regular meeting schedule.
Lee Township Hall 1485 W. Olson Rd. Corner of 9 Mile & Olson Roads. Midland, MI 48640 PH: (989) 832-2874
Lee Township, a general law township was organized in October 1880. It was formerly part of Homer Township. The first election was held in 1881 at the Mallory School with A.J. Davis being the first supervisor and Nehamiah Fessenden, the first clerk. The first official township hall was built in 1907. The current hall was converted from a schoolhouse acquired from Bullock Creek School District in 1966. It is located at the corner of North Nine Mile and West Olson roads. The Lee Township Fire Station is located on the corner of South Nine Mile and West Prairie roads. It was built in 1983 on property acquired in 1890 and was the former site of a township hall built in 1916. The Lee Township Cemetery was established in 1903 on South Nine Mile Road. The Lee Township Park and solid waste transfer site are located on South Nine Mile on 80 acres purchased in 1953. Several "ghost towns" that were thriving communities are located in Lee Township. Olson, Floyd, St Elmo and the Pines all were the center for the surrounding areas at one time. Now, only a school and churches mark these centers.